Best IgA Nephropathy Doctor in Delhi/NCR
Delhi | Gurgaon | Rewari | Sonipat | Panipat
About IgA Nephropathy
Several diseases can affect and alter the function of your kidney. This happens when diseases attack and damage the glomeruli, which are the tiny filtering units responsible for filtering blood in your kidneys. This adverse condition affecting the normal function of your kidneys by disrupting the glomeruli is termed Glomerular disease.
Glomerular disease can form due to several conditions within the body. IgA nephropathy or Immunoglobulin A Nephropathy is one such condition. It is regarded as chronic kidney disease and can take up to 10-15 years to progress within the body, causing massive kidney failure and end-stage renal diseases.
IgA nephropathy: Cause, signs, and symptoms
Researchers are yet to discover the exact reason behind the cause of IgA nephropathy as it is not just mere kidney disease. When the immune system fails to function correctly within the body, such a condition can arise.
Cause of IgA Nephropathy
It is estimated that about 12% of the affected people dealing with these diseases are by inheritance. When IgA proteins, formed by the body immune system, it starts to get stuck on the kidneys, causing it to swell and start inflammation. This inflammation can cause the kidney to lose blood and protein daily, and if unchecked for several years, it can ultimately cause the kidneys to fail.
Signs and symptoms of IgA Nephropathy
IgA Nephropathy may infest and show different signs and symptoms in other individuals. The most common signs of IgA Nephropathy are-
● Proteinuria happens when large amounts of proteins are leaked through the urine, making the urine take a foamy appearance.
● Haematuria: this happens when your kidneys cannot filter your blood properly, leading blood to flow with your urine, giving it a dark brown appearance.
● Oedema: oedema is the swelling of hands and feet because of the improper filtration of blood within the kidneys, causing fluid retention in the body.
● Some minor symptoms of IgA Nephropathy are High blood pressure, excess fatigue, intermittent pain in the loins, abdomen, and flu, and cold.
IgA Nephropathy tests
If you see imminent signs and symptoms of IgA Nephropathy, then it is advisable to do some tests to determine the body condition. These tests include-
● Urine test: Possibly the most common test, which helps you to find out protein and blood in your urine
● Blood test: This helps you to find the levels of protein, cholesterol, and other waste materials in your blood.
● Glomerular filtration rate: GFR is a blood test that is done to check whether your kidneys are filtering your blood correctly or not.
IgA nephropathy treatments are-
● Fish oil supplements
● Diet change
● Immunosuppressive drugs
● ACE inhibitors and ARB
IgA nephropathy can be cured with proper diagnosis and treatment.
Our Locations: Delhi | Gurgaon | Rewari | Sonipat | Panipat